Tips To Avoid Spiders In Covington, TN This Fall
Why are spiders so creepy? Is it the fact that they have 8 multi-segmented oddly bent legs? Maybe it’s because they can climb on walls and even upside down on ceilings. Perhaps it has to do with their size and multiple beady eyes. Whatever it is, it is undeniable that spiders are just plain creepy. If you are looking for a way to avoid creepy spiders around your Covington, TN home this fall, we have some quick and easy prevention tips for you to try.
Common Spiders In Covington
Here in Covington, we have several different species of spiders. Some are no more than yard pests that enjoy weaving webs and catching prey from the safety of your yard. Others are more keen to invade your home, causing trouble where they don’t belong. Here is a shortlist of the most common 8 legged home invaders you will find here in Covington.
- Cellar Spiders
- Home Spiders
- Brown Recluse
- Southern Black Widow
- Wolf Spider
Of these spiders, only two pose any real risk to you or your family. Both the brown recluse and the southern black widow have bites that can kill. Don’t worry, fatality from these bites is very rare and severe reactions are usually only seen in cases where the person who was bitten is an infant, an elderly person, or does not seek medical attention when needed.
Prevention Steps For Spiders
Regardless of whether a spider is dangerous or not, it can be assumed that you don’t want them in your home. For this reason, we have constructed the following list of steps you can take this fall to keep spiders from invading into your Covington home.
- Inspect your home’s exterior foundation and around window and door frames for places where spiders could get inside. Seal up any cracks or gaps you find using a caulking gun.
- Check your home’s window and door screens for rips or tears. If any are found, have them repaired or replaced.
- Exterior lights attract insects that spiders love to hunt. Consider having regular bulbs replaced with insect-resistant, yellow bulbs.
- Clean garages, attics, and basements regularly. As much as possible keep them clutter-free.
- Reduce moisture around your home by fixing leaks and installing dehumidifiers in areas that are particularly humid.
DIY vs Professional Services
Keeping spiders out of your home is one thing, getting spiders out once they have invaded is a different story. If you were to do the research yourself, you would find many home remedies that say they eliminate spiders. In our experience, these methods are most often a waste of money and time. To save yourself from this unneeded stress, consider a method that has been proven to effectively get and keep spiders out of homes. Consider the benefits of professional spider control provided by HTP Termite Pest Control Inc. today! Let us help keep you safe from potentially dangerous spiders. Give us a call today.