5 Tips for Summer Spider Prevention in Huntingdon
It can be hard not to have mixed feelings about spiders. On one side, they have beady eyes, too many legs, and the chance of being venomous. On the other hand, Charlotte was so kind to Wilbur! Regardless of where you stand on spiders, it’s probably fair to assume you don't want them free-roaming anywhere near your home, especially with some species such as the dangerous brown recluse. Fortunately, we have some tips to help you keep both dangerous and just plain bothersome spiders out of your home.
Why Spider Infestations Occur In West TN Homes
Have you ever wondered why spiders venture into homes? To help you better understand, consider this for a moment. Have you ever picked up a scent in the air and been drawn to its source? Maybe it was the smell of your mother's freshly baked pie or a Chinese restaurant next to the store where you were shopping. Spiders are just like that, except for them their ideal meal is not apple pie but rather any insect they wrap get their eight limbs around. All of this is to say that if your home has other insects buzzing or crawling about, spiders are most likely not far behind.
HTP’s Tips For Spider Prevention
Remember those five tips we were talking about earlier? Here they are.
- Start with sealing the exterior of your home. Make sure there are no gaps or cracks that spiders, or the other insects they hunt, can use to get inside. Check around utility pipes, door and window frames, and over your home’s exterior foundation, for any of these entry points—then seal them using a caulking gun.
- Make sure all of your exterior windows and doors have working screens, and as an extra precaution, consider installing door sweeps under all exterior entryways.
- Keep your home as clutter-free as possible—this will reduce the number of places spiders can hide if they do get inside.
- Keep food preparation and eating areas as clean as possible and store leftovers inside airtight containers where they cannot attract unwanted pests indoors.
- Invest in a quality pest control plan that is designed to keep out a variety of insects, including spiders. This is our best tip to keep unwanted spiders out of your home.
As for who to call for your quality pest control, trust none other than HTP Termite Pest Control, Inc. We have the tools and experience needed to get your home completely pest-free.