Rodent Control: Rats & Mice Pest Control
Signs that you may have a Rodent Infestation:
- The most reliable sign of an infestation is rodent droppings. You may find droppings where you store your food and especially pet food. Other common places are in cupboards, under the sink, along walls or on top of wall studs or beams. Storage rooms, sheds and barns with stored boxes or old furniture make great homes for rodents.
- Rodents tend to build their nests from materials that are soft, fuzzy or warm; such as shredded paper, dry grass, fabric or furniture stuffing. The nests will be located in sheltered areas close to food and water.
- Food boxes, containers or food itself that appears to be nibbled. Look for droppings nearby. Rodents can chew through plastic, so plastic bags do not make safe food storage containers.
- Evidence of gnawing. Because rodents’ teeth grow continuously, they must gnaw to keep them short.
- In closed-up rooms infested by rodents, you will usually smell a stale, musky odor.
Get Your Home Treated for Rodent Control
Rats pest control and mice pest control services by professionals can protect your home, your family and your food source from the menacing rodents.
Potential dangers of Rodent Infestations:
- Rodent droppings often cause allergic reactions in human beings but can also cause disease, including the potentially deadly Hantavirus.
- Rodents serve as vectors, carrying bacteria, such as Salmonella on their bodies and contaminate food sources, kitchens and equipment.
- Rats can cause thousands of dollars in damage to your home by chewing wood, insulation, paper and even electrical wiring.
Home infestation and damage caused by rodents is an unnerving problem to say the least. Call HTP Pest today and get Rodent Control Services!