Successful Flea Control Takes TEAMWORK!
What you can do to Control Fleas:
Even though your HTP Pest technician has everything under control, your help is very important to complete the job. There are specific steps you should take before and after a flea treatment.
Before Flea Treatment:
- Make sure all carpets, rugs and furniture are vacuumed. Vacuum bags should be sealed and disposed of in a receptacle that is outside and away from your home.
- All floors need to be cleared and cleaned, even closet floors. All vinyl and tile floors need to be mopped. All concrete floors need to be swept.
- Common household items, such as pillows, children’s toys, pet food, water dishes and decorative items must be removed. Thoroughly search your home for these items, even under beds and furniture.
- Pets must be removed. Specific directions for protecting fish bowls and aquariums during treatment can be provided by your technician, such as making sure they are properly covered and the air pump is shut off.
- All pet bedding should be washed or disposed of. Pet bedding needs to be washed separately from other linens if you should choose to launder them.
- Make sure that your lawn is mowed, and that nothing is is left on the ground outside.
Show your HTP Pest technician where your pets sleep, rest and eat.
After the Flea Treatment:
- Your technician will give you specific instructions about when you can return to your home following the flea treatment. Generally, it is important to let 3 hours pass once the treatment is complete.
- Do not resume normal vacuuming of your home until 3 days after flea treatment. This gives the pest control product time to work effectively.
- Vacuum your home every 3-4 days for the next 2-3 weeks. Mechanical pressure from the vacuum will make the insecticide more effective by stimulating un-hatched fleas to come out of their protective casing.
It is normal to see some adult flea for up to 3 weeks after flea treatment. Flea pupae are protected from insecticides by their cocoons. They will continue emerging as adults over a period of 1-3 weeks. Once exposed to the insecticide residual though, they will be eliminated.
Get Pest Control Flea Treatment for your Home
HTP Pest’s Flea Treatment can eradicate fleas, and with your help, keep them from coming back. Call HTP Pest and ask about our “No Pest Promise” today!